I love how Kickstarter can give voice to real people with interesting and helpful projects so it’s not just major corporations we can choose to support. I was contacted by the folks at Zum Zum bikes, and they have created a beautiful, functional, and light weight bike for even the youngest riders!
ZumZum is a new kind of balance bike for children as young as 18 months. It has no pedals and teaches your child to ride a bicycle at self adjustable speed. With the new suspension system the bike can be used on rough outdoor roads as well as indoors. Easy to use, simple to maintain and safe and fun to ride!
- can be used for kids from 18 months to 4 years
- were designed in part by Steve Peat, a professional mountain biker
- are made from sustainably harvested birch trees
- promote exercise, balance, and coordination
- has a natural suspension system
- feature a comfortable seat design
- have an adjustable seat height and wheelbase
- comes with a stand to hold it up
- comes with a warranty chip that can be read by your Smartphone
- you can vote on the color choices when you order on Kickstarter!
- they even can be used inside! No tire marks or noise.
You can support the project at any level, but by supporting their project at the early bird $159 price you can grab one of the first 500 of these bikes for little bodies (only 78 of these left!). This is a great price for high quality bike that will last for years. And you can support kids getting active everywhere!
The campaign is over on February 7th, so act quickly if you want to nab a snazzy new bike and support the cause of raising healthier kids!
(This is a sponsored post from the founders of Zum Zum bikes– but I only post about projects that have a greater mission than the bottom line and that I think Non-Toxic Kids readers would be interested in.)