Do you need any last minute gifts that are green, safe, and non-toxic? Here are some of my picks for toddlers, children, and pregnant women, from years of research, writing and advocacy here at Non-Toxic Kids. Please let us know what you think!
For family and friends trying to go non-toxic:
- Help them transition away from using plastic and non-stick in the kitchen. Our friends at MightyNest and Wild Mint have utensils, cookware, food storage and MUCH more to help with this transition. You can grab wooden spoons as a lovely gift, a beautiful wood cutting board, or what’s on my list this year, a ceramic pizza stone.
For our lovely pregnant women:
- For safe, non-toxic and comforting products for birth and postpartum, visit our friends at Earth Mama Angel Baby. They have birth plan kits, lovely postpartum and baby gifts, and C-section essentials. This is such a warm, supportive business that loves it’s new (and experienced) mamas. They list all the non-toxic, safe and natural ingredients.
- These are some of my favorite non-toxic stacking toys and blocks for toddlers. These are all made with safe paint (no lead or heavy metals– unlike many others out there). For any toddler on your list, you can find toys that motivate spacial awareness and learning. My youngest loved the Plan Toy alligator. She pulled that toy around the house endlessly!
- Personalized books are a great way to teach toddlers and young children about their own name and engage them fully in reading. Kids this age love seeing their own names in a beautiful book! There are many options in this holiday gift guide.
For young children:
- Books, books and more books! I’ve written many book reviews and you will find books to suit your needs– books to promote healthy eating, best read alouds to engage kids, books to teach history, they are all here.
- To promote creativity, free play, and a whole lot of fun, I love the play tents at The Land of Nod. They have lovely canopies, teepees, cottages, camper tents, so fun! They have a whole lot of play tables, pretend food, and art materials too. I especially love the artful dolls and unique stuffed animals.
Elementary Aged Kids
- Give a gift that gives for months of learning. My favorites are Green Kid Crafts and Little Passports. These are kits delivered monthly that I have reviewed recently. I love how convenient these are and how they are learning tools as well.
What are your favorites? Happy last week before the holidays. Hope it is filled with cheer (not stress) and love.
*Buying through these links supports this site (because I am an affiliate). Thank you!