It’s hard to believe it is only two weeks until Halloween! More organized parents then myself have their houses decorated, costumes all set, plans made, and organic candy purchased.
Not me! But that is okay. The rest of us will get it together in the coming weeks (or, the night before).
In the quest to help you, dear reader, please find my most helpful posts about Halloween with kids.
1. Eco-Friendly Halloween Costumes on a Budget. Here are a few ideas for finding costumes in your home (read– no spending! and totally green!).
2. Feeling crafty? Here are some super cute homemade costume ideas for you. Yeah, it’s a little late. But don’t you work best under a deadline? Sometimes all it takes is a monkey to motivate you. Just look at the post picture to see what I mean!
3. Have you heard of costume swapping? Many cities and towns have events for parents to swap costumes. This is such a great idea for the pocketbook and the environment. Did you miss your town’s event? No problem. Contact a couple friends with older kids to see if they have any costumes kicking around.
4. Greener, Safer, Halloween Treats. Are you giving out GMOs with your candy? Most people are. Take a look at the picture that shows which candy brands contain GMOs (most of them). There are some other great ideas for healthier treats, too. Green Halloween has a HUGE list of better choices.
5. 5 tips for making Halloween less scary for parents of nut allergic kids. This post is for all the parents out there who have the added strain of dealing with food allergies during this treat based holiday.
What are you doing tomorrow night? Join MomsRising, Non-Toxic Kids, and Green Halloween for a Twitter chat on having a green and healthy Halloween with kids! It’s at 9pm ET/ 6pm PT. There will be lots of great tips for making Halloween healthier, safer, and greener for all. Come share your great ideas, too!
Speaking of great ideas– have any tips for our readers? Please comment!