(Turns out The Real Tooth Fairies, LLC really didn’t want you to see their pitch to investors. Could they be ashamed? Six scantily clad censor fairies slipped a copyright claim under You Tube’s pillow and removed both the edited version and the original. Fortunately (but admittedly, not as much fun), there’s a transcript! Please click here to read it.)
Make sure you are sitting down. Really, this is the stuff you just can’t make up.
- A free-ranging child-driven vision of Tooth-Fairyness is reduced to just six sexualized options.
- The target audience is girls as young as 5, but the Real Tooth Fairies are largely preoccupied with appearance, shopping, and boyfriends.
- The “villain” in Real Fairyland, and the butt of its jokes, is a hairy-legged, roly-poly, buck-toothed, glasses-wearing fairy-wannabe.
- Gender stereotyping also extends to boys. Their Tooth Fairy counterparts are a team of heavily-armed superheroes.
- A Real Tooth Fairies Birthday Party Collection costs $379.
- The Real Tooth Fairies doesn’t just want to sell everything to your kids; they want to sell your kids to the highest bidder. “Our intent in 2 to 3 years is that we project we’ll have over 30 million girls, unique users to the site,” said co-owner Howard Bollinger, former Senior Vice President of Hasbro toys, “At that point, the site will become a hugely valuable asset and a prime target for acquisition by scores of companies who want to connect with our girl demographic.”
2. Take action.
3. Spread the word!
- Click here to email family and friends about this campaign.
- If you’re on Facebook, please click to share.
- If you’re on Twitter, please click to tweet.